Call for abstracts: Migration as a strategy to cope with climate change and droughts
Call for papers for: International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management
The International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management (IJCCSM) invites interested teams of authors to submit a paper to the special issue titled "Migration as a strategy to cope with climate change and droughts".
Overview of special issue
Changes in the hydrological cycle caused by a global warming are exacerbating the recurrence and intensity of droughts events. This severe climate-related hazard affects large areas every year in different regions of the world. Some direct effects of droughts, among others are desertification, land degradation, ecosystems and social instability. A migration of local vulnerable population to more secure regions has been seen as a response to cope with this extreme climate event.
Due to the connections between climate change, drought and migration the journal is producing a special issue dedicated to this theme.
Indicative list of anticipated themes:
- Mapping territories exposed to droughts;
- Drought and environmental damages;
- Migration as a local adaptation to cope with drought
- Drought effects on local and national demographic structure
- Documenting mass migration due to droughts
- Documenting, loss of livelihoods, poverty and internal or cross-border migration due to droughts
- Local innovations strategies to face droughts;
- Public policy measures to cope with droughts;
- Governance of drought risk
- Relocation and Resettlement cases due to droughts
- Counting the economics effects of droughts
- Drought, hunger and aid dependency
- Other themes may also be considered.
Research teams working on the topic and interested to have their work reviewed for an open access journal, are now invited to make a submission. Submissions of expressions of interest, consisting of an abstract with a 200 words outline of the paper, along with the names and contact details of the authors, should be sent to the editorial team at: [email protected].
The deadline for expressions of interest is 30th September 2021.
The Editorial Team (send the abstract to [email protected])