Digital finance as the basis of sustainable development of the economies of China, Russia and other emerging markets
Call for papers for: China Finance Review International
Special Issue Guest Editor
Elena G. Popkova, MGIMO University (Moscow, Russia), [email protected]
Special Issue Information
The world has entered the “Decade of Action” (2020 to 2030), and now is the time when it is especially necessary to ensure the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Financing issues deserve high priority, and digital finance and FinTech have an important role to play in financing sustainable development through their two-sided impact on the SDGs. On the one hand (from the standpoint of the economy), digital finance allows the development of international trade, which is especially important for developing countries and, in particular, for large industrial and export-oriented economies of China and Russia. This creates new jobs and accelerates economic growth, which is a priority for recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and crisis.
On the other hand (in terms of society and the environment), digital finance, and FinTech have enormous potential to increase the responsibility of the investments. Advanced FinTech technologies such as blockchain and climate smart are increasing the transparency of value chains and tracking the contribution of green investments to reducing waste and fighting climate change. This special issue of China Finance Review International is dedicated to comprehensive coverage of the current experience, characteristics and current trends in the development of digital finance in developing countries, with special attention to China and Russia, determining the contribution of digital finance to the sustainable development of the economies of these countries, and identifying the prospects for maximizing this contribution in the “The Decade of Action” (until 2030).
Basic and applied research on the following (but not limited to) topics is encouraged in the special edition:
- International experience in the development of digital finance and FinTech in developing countries
- Models of sustainable development based on digital finance in developing countries
- Financing sustainable development through digital finance in developing countries
- Contribution of digital finance to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in developing countries
- Innovations in digital finance (green finance, blockchain finance, climate smart finance, responsible finance, etc.) and their benefits for sustainable development
- Opportunities and prospects for expanding international cooperation of developing countries (in particular, China and Russia) based on digital finance for sustainable development
- Scenarios for financing sustainable development in developing countries depending on the engagement of digital finance in the “Decade of Action” (until 2030)
- Improving public and corporate governance of digital finance and FinTech development to support the SDGs in developing countries.
- Other related topics
Manuscript Submission Information
The special issue is expected to be published in early 2023. All submissions will undergo the same strict double blind peer review process that is generally applied for the journal. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted).
To submit a manuscript, please register and submit your paper online at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cfri. When making your submission, please choose the Special Issue entitled “Digital finance as the basis of sustainable development of the economies of China, Russia and other emerging markets”. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Author Guidelines page. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere. The deadline for submissions is October 30, 2022.
CFRI is Indexed and Abstracted in:
Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)/SCOPUS/ABI INFORM Complete/ ProQuest/Academic Search/ Business Source Alumni Edition/ Business Source Complete/ReadCube Discover/RePec/Summon
The Association of Business Schools' (ABS) Academic Journal Guide; The Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Quality Journal List; The Australian Research Council ERA Journal List; The Publication Forum (Finland).