Submission deadline: 21st September 2020
Overview of Special Issue
In the last decade interest to air transportation has been increasing rapidly. Rises in the number of flights yields more energy consumption of the air transportation. According to the latest reports air transportation is responsible for approximately 2% of all human induced emissions whereas it has 12% share in transportation related emissions due to its high energy consumption. However 2% annual fuel efficiency improvement of air transportation until the end of 2050 is declared by the ICAO. As it is understood achieving more efficient and more sustainable propulsion systems has been the main goal of the scientists and researchers. For this purpose utilization of more environment friendly energy resources such as alternative and biofuel is the most effective way in addition to developing methods for reduction of environmental impacts of aviation.
The special issue entitled “Aviation Fuels and Environment” aims to present both theoretical and experimental studies as well as papers about industrial applications related to aviation fuels and their environmental aspects.
This special issue covers following topics:
- Conventional aviation fuels
- Alternative aviation fuels
- Biofuels for aviation applications
- Fuel additives for aviation fuels
- Combustion science and technology in aviation
- Aircraft emissions and pollutants
- Environmental impact assessment of aviation induced pollutants
- Environmental impact assessment of in-flight and ground operation pollutants
- Carbon reduction policy for aviation
- Aircraft and engine optimization for environmental impact reduction
- Trajectory and route planning for environmental impact reduction
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers for this special call on Aviation Fuels and Environment on or before 30th August 2020. All submissions must be original and may not be under review by another publication. Interested authors should consult the journal's guidelines for manuscript submissions at:
Submissions must be made through the journal's ScholarOne site: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/aeat and ensure the correct special issue is selected during the submission process.
Authors and potential authors may direct any questions to the Special Issue Guest Editor: Prof. Dr. Yasin Sohret, Suleyman Demirel University ([email protected])