New frontiers in information security management
Aims of the Special Issue
Today’s world is changing faster than ever and many aspects are driven by digital transformation. Technical and societal change rates are high – artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, automated decision-making, influencers and hybrid work. Rapid change is also a challenge, in particular in the area of information security management. On the one hand, these advances lead to new risks and threats. On the other hand, some of these advances also lead to new tools and ways of working with information security. Information security management must continuously adapt to both.
The aim of this special issue is to pinpoint new frontiers in information security management. To this end, we invite both empirical submissions and literature reviews that address new trends and phenomena and how they impact information security management. Practice-based research in addressing new frontiers in information security management is appreciated. We also invite submissions on new theories and research methods on how to study information security management to move the research frontiers forward.
The Special Issue will contribute to identifying current and future topics of importance for information security management – from empirical, theoretical and methodological perspectives. Consequently, the Special Issue has the potential to identify and set future research agendas in the information security management field. The Special Issue can also raise practitioners’ awareness about new frontiers in information security management.
Topics include but not limited to:
- Information security management in the age of artificial intelligence
- New theoretical perspectives on information security management (e.g., Ambidexterity Theory)
- Managing information security in hybrid work
- Information security management and Internet of Things
- Design of information security policies (e.g., tailored information security policies)
- Information security management and deep fakes
- State-of-the-art reviews on information security management to identify frontiers
- Information security management and emerging technologies
- Innovative software to support information security manager (e.g., to carry out risk management)
- Information security management insights on actual information security incidents
- Methodological challenges in information security management research
Since the Special Issue is about pinpointing new frontiers in information security management the topic areas above are only examples. Below we show by examples that the highlighted topics are current phenomena.