The Journal of Accounting Literature is pleased to announce a call for papers for its 44th volume
The Journal of Accounting Literature is pleased to announce a call for papers for its 44th volume. After nearly 40 years with the University of Florida, we look forward to re-launching the journal at its new home in 2022.
JAL is a Scopus-indexed journal which has been running since 1982. It now welcomes submissions on accounting phenomena which (1) synthesize an area of research in a concise and rigorous manner to assist academics and practitioners in gaining knowledge and/or an appreciation of diverse research areas, or (2) present high quality, multi-method, original research on a broad range of topics relevant to accounting, auditing and taxation. In addition to traditional research topics and methods, we actively solicit manuscripts including, but not limited to, the following:
- Field studies
- Literature reviews
- Emerging developments in accounting theory
- Commentaries on current issues
- Innovative experimental research with strong grounding in cognitive, social or anthropological sciences
- Creative archival analyses using non-standard methodologies or data sources with strong grounding in various social sciences
- “Idea” papers that don’t fit into other established categories
Submissions can be made via JAL’s ScholarOne portal: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/joal
All submissions will be subjected to a rigorous double-blind peer review process and should adhere to JAL’s author guidelines and scope.
We would like to thank the accounting community for their continued support of the journal throughout this transition. We look forward to welcoming your contribution.
For questions, please contact: