Call for papers from Therapeutic Communities
Editor in Chief:
Dr. Gary Winship
The International Therapeutic Communities Journal welcomes papers that draw upon both qualitative and quantitative research, as well as papers that stem from lived experience of both staff and clients.
Therapeutic community principles and practice represent an internationally diverse range of stakeholder interests. This journal provides a forum in which those engaged in developing, managing and sustaining therapeutic cultures can publish original research, communicate experiences, consider the effects of political and social policy on their own settings, disseminate ideas, developments and findings, and communicate good practice.
We welcome submissions on topics including (but not limited to):
- Therapeutic environments
- Group and organizational approaches to mental health practice
- Trauma based approaches in groups
- Organizations and institutions
- Placed based approaches, focusing across a range of settings where mental health and well-being is a key concern, including, schools, prisons, wards, day centres, recovery colleges, etc
- Schools and educational environments
- Community settings
- Arts and culture
The journal is interested in papers that describe co-constructed practices, peer led and peer relational practices, including accounts of lived experience. The focus for research in the journal is broad, including outcomes facing studies, case study, qualitative approaches, clinical trials, systematic and conceptual reviews etc
Forthcoming special issue topics include:
- drug-free therapeutic communities
To submit your research, please visit the manuscript portal.
To view the author guidelines for this journal, please visit the journal's page.
If you would like to propose a topic for a future special issue of the Journal, please get in contact with the Editor-in-Chief, Dr Gary Winship: [email protected]