The 4th Emerald Knowledge Ambassadors Workshop
On Thursday 29 September, Emerald held the 4th Knowledge Ambassadors Workshop at United States International University (USIU) in Kenya.
This year it was the most well attended Knowledge Ambassador Day with over 100 students and faculty members from institutions across the whole of Kenya attending. The workshop is now in its fourth year and along with presentations from Soji Koledade from Emerald and librarians for Strathmore University, saw students present their work in forms such as presentations, poems, short plays and songs. Students had to present on one of the following topics:
- Present on the use of social media tools to enhance use of electronic resources
- Present on how you see the role of the library will have changed in 10 years time – with attention to the future of Emerald
- Discuss the impact and importance of mobile access to research (paying special attention to Emerald mobile pairing)
- Present on the student role/influence in the development of user training
Three universities won awards for their presentations in the following categories:
- Best User Institution Award – Jomo Kenyatta University (JKUAT) – for the second year running!
- Creative Ambassador Award – Cooperative University College
- Best Presentation Award – United States International University (USIU)
Photos from the event