Current Issues in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry in Brazil
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights
Fevzi Okumus, Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida-USA, [email protected]
Mathilda van Niekerk, Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida-USA, [email protected]
The field of hospitality and tourism involves a comprehensive and multifaceted approach that incorporates social, cultural, economic and environmental areas comprising innovative management and planning actions. Such actions enable organizations and tourism destinations to respond to both internal and external pressures associated with ever changing regulations and markets. In Brazil, the hospitality and tourism industry includes a total of 52 different sectors which generate 10% of the country’s employment (direct and indirect) and 8% of the overall gross domestic product (Ministry of Tourism, 2017). With a population of 207 million, Brazil is recognized worldwide for its natural resources and cultural diversity, configuring a unique destination that includes many challenges and opportunities in terms of infrastructure, investment, management, and planning. This special edition seeks primarily to bring together articles that deal with contemporary themes of hospitality and tourism in Brazil.
Submissions related (but not limited to) to the following topics are particularly welcome as:
- Behavior of international and national tourists, their personal motivations (leisure, business, sport and others) to visit Brazil and their perceptions about the country;
- Management of public and private hospitality and tourism organizations (accounting, entrepreneurship, human resources, operations, policies, sales and marketing, strategy, technology, etc.);
- Local and regional governance of tourism destinations in Brazil;
- New trends in diverse Brazilian hospitality sectors (lodging, foodservice, airlines, etc.).
General information for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Research that represents new methods with theoretical depth is particularly welcome. Research based on compelling case studies are welcome. For more details and manuscript guidelines, please visit the official website at: http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=jhti
Prospective authors are strongly encouraged to contact the special issue editors regarding potential topics of interest or for any questions/suggestions regarding the special issue. Abstracts (up to 750 words) can be submitted directly to the guest editors via their email addresses ([email protected] and [email protected] by September 30th, 2018. Abstracts must be concise and to the point, with appropriate references. Full papers must be submitted by March 12th, 2019 through ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Please select the correct issue to submit to: “Current Issues in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry in Brazil”. Registration and access are available at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jhti. Author guidelines for JHTI can be found at: http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=jhti
Each paper submitted to this special issue is subject to the following review procedures:
- It will be reviewed by the guest editors for general suitability for this special issue.
- If found suitable, three reviewers will be selected for a rigorous double-blind peer review process.
- Based on the recommendations of reviewers, the guest editors and the Editors-in-Chief will decide whether the particular submission should be accepted as it is, revised and re-submitted, or rejected.
Abstracts Submissions: September 30th, 2018 (Email to: [email protected] or [email protected])
Abstract Decisions: October 20th, 2018
FULL Paper Submissions: March 12th, 2019
Revisions and Decisions: May – August, 2019
Publication: September, 2019