Robot Intelligence for Coordinated Manipulation and its Industrial Application
Special issue call for papers from Assembly Automation
This special issue presents an important topic in robotics, focusing on coordinated robotic systems as well as their applications, such as assembly and packaging in manufacturing. Nowadays, there are rapid developments in industrial technologies. In terms of robot-assisted manufacturing, it is increasingly demanded to develop coordinated robotic systems including robot-robot cooperation, human-robot collaboration and robotic arm and hand coordination, in order to perform increasingly complicated production tasks. Therefore, the design, including modeling, control and integration of the coordinated robotic systems, needs to be thoroughly investigated. The principles and strategies to develop such systems should be systematically studied at a higher systematic level.
This special issue aims to concentrate on developments of coordinated robotic systems and their industrial applications. It will address their fundamental problems, involved either from a research perspective or an application perspective. Hence, colleagues from both academia and industry are welcomed to submit papers for this Special Issue. We are encouraging cutting-edge developments, concepts and practices in coordinated robotic systems and their industrical application. We welcome high-quality original research with the latest conceptual, theoretical, methodological or empirical contributions that will enable a better understanding in this area.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Multi-robot coordination system design, modeling and control
- Robot arm-hand coordination for dexterous manipulation
- Coordination of various robotic manipulators
- Effective collaboration between human and robot
- Interface design for human robot interaction
- Artificial intelligence for coordinated multiple robots
- Motion planning for multiple robot coordination
- Novel control architecture for coordinated robots
- Force/impedance control of coordinated robots
- Visual sensing in coordinated manipulation
- Modeling of workspace of coordinated robots
- Coordinated robotic skill learning and task representing
- Sensor fusion and perception in coordinated robotic systems
- Evaluation theories and techniques of robotic coordination
- Industrial applications of coordinated robotic systems
Papers submitted must not have been published, accepted for publication, or presently be under consideration for publication in any other journals. Submissions should be between 3000-5000 words and submissions must be made using the ScholarOne Manuscript Central System https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/aa.
Submitted articles will be subject to a double-blind review by at least two referees and authors should not identify themselves in the body of the paper. When submitting your manuscript, you will be asked to specify whether the manuscript is for a normal issue of the journal or for the Special Issue. Please click the Special Issue option. For more details, please visit http://www.emeraldinsight.com/aa.htm and consult the author guidelines. Please address all questions to the Guest Editors.
- Submission deadline: 30 Nov 2018
- First Round of Reviews: 28 Feb 2019
- Final version: 30 Apr 2019
Please get in touch with the below guest editors if you have any questions.
Chenguang Yang, South China University of Technology, China
Lianqing Liu, Shenyang Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Zhaojie Ju, University of Portsmouth, UK
Xiaofeng Liu, Hohai University, China