Call for Special Issue: Driving innovation through Lean and BIM based Theory and Practice
Special issue call for papers from Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management
Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management (ECAM) is pleased to announce a call for papers for a special issue devoted to driving innovation through Lean and BIM based Theory and Practice.
Construction clients and organisations are coming under increasing pressure to deliver projects using less resources and in a constrained environment. With a renewed emphasis on process improvement and waste reduction using BIM and emerging technologies and processes, there is scope to better explore state of the art on how Lean and process optimisation is being implemented to deliver value by minimising waste.
This Special Issue seeks original contributions in theoretical/conceptual works in Lean based construction production management, industry case studies, empirical studies using Lean Theory, mathematical and data driven modelling and decision making approaches to Lean based process innovation. Papers exploring the synergies between Lean and other emerging concepts (i.e BIM, Game Thinking, Process Modelling and Simulation etc) are also invited. Also, a key focus of this special issue is on practical applications of Lean, with a focus on inviting papers relating case studies and practical examples from the field.
• Lean Case Studies
• Lean and BIM synergies
• Theoretical, review and experimental work on Lean and process optimisation
• Empowering People using Lean
• Use of Lean tools and techniques for process improvement
• Relationship between Lean and Green Construction
• Process modelling and simulation
• Lean deployment in construction supply chains
• Process improvement through life cycle data management
• Construction Innovation through Lean Management
All full papers submitted are subject to anonymous double-blind peer review by relevant academics and researchers. The special issue will aim to publish as the 1st issue in 2018.
The closing date for submissions is: 30 July 2017. Submissions are made via Manuscript Central: please go to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ecaam to submit your paper. Full notes for contributors can be found on the journal web site at http://info.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=ecam
• Dr Zeeshan Aziz, Salford University, UK
• Prof Dr Yusuf Arayici, Hasan Kalyoncu University, Turkey
• Dr Algan Tezel, Huddersfield University, UK
If you have any questions, please contact us via email