The History of Indian Marketing
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Historical Research in Marketing
About the special issue
The Journal of Historical Research in Marketing (JHRM) invites submissions for a special issue focused on the history of Indian marketing. For this special issue of JHRM we particularly welcome manuscripts that address topics focused on India and Indians with an historical perspective.
Specific topics might include but are not limited to:
• Advertising history in India
• History of bazaars
• Indian marketing history
• Consumers / consumerism in India
• Government regulation
• Marketing of craft products
• Marketing and the Indian household
• Marketing and the Indian media
• Public relations history in India
• Retailing history in India
• Marketing in public sector organizations
• History of credit
• History of Indian brands
• Influence of colonialism on Indian markets
• History of marketing research in India
• Role of different caste groups in markets
• Religious institutions and markets
• History of marketing thought in India
The submission deadline for this special issue is September 30, 2017 with an expected publication date of February 2018. If you are unsure of the suitability of your topic, please contact the special issue editors:
Submissions for this special issue of JHRM should be made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available here. When submitting through ScholarOne, please select the special issue on History of Indian Marketing
Full information and guidance on using ScholarOne Manuscripts is available at the Emerald ScholarOne Manuscripts Support Centre.
Author guidelines are here.
More information about the journal is here.