Managing Information in Education
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Enterprise Information Management
The Journal of Enterprise Information Management (JEIM) invites submission of quality manuscripts for its Special Issue on ‘Managing Information in Education’.
Special Issue Scope
JEIM now invites scholarly articles and research notes for a special issue on "Managing Information in Education". A review of published literature reveals that although there is copious work on specific applications of information technology in education, the outcome of investments in such applications is sometimes uncertain, or even poor. Poor outcomes are an issue for management, and yet there is very little published work that examines information technology and systems in education from a management perspective. This is a domain that we will refer to here as "information management in education", so as to maintain a broad view of current practice and an open mind as to what can be done to improve the return on information management investments in education.
In the absence of a reliable body of literature concerning the management of information (and information technologies, and information systems) in education, the objective of this special issue of JEIM is to establish a basis for a proper understanding of current information management practice in education, and to explore theories and models (both specific and general) that can elucidate that understanding.
To find out more about JEIM visit the journal homepage here.
Scholars and practitioners are invited to submit papers for inclusion in this special issue of Journal of Enterprise Innovation Management (JEIM). Topics of interests in management and business include, but are not limited to, the following issues:
- Information governance in education
- Information management strategies for education institutions.
- Standards and methods for information management in education.
- Negotiating and evaluating the benefits of information technology investments in education.
- Maintaining the efficacy of information services in education.
- Managing disruptive technologies and the social web in education.
- Adoption of technology-enabled systems and services such as MOOCs.
- Augmenting research by means of information technology and information systems investments.
- Establishing and managing analytics in educational management.
- Business intelligence interpreted and applied to education.
The principal guest editors for this special issue are:
- Prof Andy Bytheway (Retired Professor of Information Management, UWC and CPUT, South Africa),
- Prof Robert Maribe Branch (Professor of Learning, Design, and Technology, University of Georgia, USA).
working with :
- Prof Johannes Cronje (Dean of Informatics and Design, CPUT, South Africa)
- Prof Nhlanhla Mlitwa (Associate Professor of Information Technology, CPUT, South Africa)
- Dr Moira Bladergroen (Teaching and Learning, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa)
- Laban Bagui (Social Entrepreneur, researching at the University of Cape Town, South Africa)
Manuscript Submission Deadline: 1 June 2016
Reviewer Reports: 1 August 2016
Revised Paper Submission: 1 November 2016
Notification to Authors: 5 December 2016
Publication: Approximately within 9 – 12 months of Acceptance
Author Submission Guidelines
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available at: Author Guidelines.
Online Submission through ScholarOne:
Submissions to the Journal of Enterprise Information Management are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jeim