Ubiquitous Digital Library (UDL) and Innovative Community
Special issue call for papers from The Electronic Library
The international SCIE/EI-ranked journal The Electronic Library is publishing a Special Issue. This Special Issue welcomes submissions sufficiently broad in scope to appeal to a wide range of readers worldwide that can learn from the systems and applications described and apply them to their own situations. In particular, the Special Issue welcomes submissions associated with the theme Ubiquitous Digital Library (UDL) and Innovative Community. The emphasis is on the practical and innovative applications of new technologies and techniques, especially practical advice, useful information and descriptions of specific applications for academic community in this rapidly changing field of digital library research. Topics may include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Innovative concepts and practice of Digital Libraries
- Digital Library applications (such as integrating subject service and information literacy) in e-science, e-learning, e-research environments
- Integrating, managing and assessing e-resources in academic and research libraries
- Applications of web 2.0 technologies and virtual social networking community in academic environments
- Planning and implementing an Institutional Repository (IR) in the evolving scholarly information environment of open access research outputs and scholarly collections
- Creating and managing Information Commons or Learning Common for innovative community
- Collaborative digital reference service, ubiquitous information access and library service.
- Net-generation OPAC, User interfaces for digital libraries
- User studies and system evaluation in digital world
All submissions must be in English and forwarded electronically,also should represent the original work of the authors. Potential contributors are strongly encouraged to submit abstract by July 30 2008. All submissions (including the abstracts) should follow the Author Guidelines of The Electronic Library.
All Submissions will be acknowledged and then refereed by at least 2 reviewers.
30 July 2008: Deadline for submission of paper abstract
30 Sept 2008: Deadline for submission of paper fulltext
5 Dec 2008: Notification to authors
This special issue is scheduled to be published in April 2009 (v27, n2, 2009).
Guest Editors of the Special Issue:
Dr Jin Chen
Director of Shanghai Jiao Tong University Library
Email: [email protected]
Ms Jing Guo
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Library
Email: [email protected]