Call for papers: Arts Marketing: An International Journal
Journal call for papers from Arts Marketing
New for 2011
Editor-in-Chief: Noel Dennis, Teesside University, UK
Co-editors: Dr Gretchen Larsen, King's College London, UK and Dr Michael Macaulay, Teesside University, UK
We are currently assessing papers for inclusion in Arts Marketing: An International Journal (AM), an exciting new title which showcases cutting-edge contemporary research into arts marketing.
Editorial scope and objectives
AM is dedicated to publishing high-quality contemporary research into arts marketing and encourages creativity in the development of marketing theory and practice. AM embraces the growing number of talented academics working in the international field of arts marketing, challenging and building upon current orthodoxy in this area. The journal adopts a broad view of the arts, including all sectors of the creative industries such as visual arts and crafts, museums, performing arts, music, film, cinema, literature; and also of the disciplinary perspectives that can inform the field.
The journal facilitates the contribution of academic research to arts marketing practice and brings the practitioner and consumer voice into the academic arena.
The journal welcomes conceptual and empirical papers addressing a variety of arts marketing issues and adopting creative and rigorous quantitative and qualitative methodological approaches.
Coverage includes, but is not limited to:
• Marketing and consumption of all art forms regardless of their conventional categorisation (e.g. ‘for’ and ‘not for profit’; high art and popular culture)
• All sectors of the cultural and creative industries such as visual arts and crafts, museums, performing arts, music, film, cinema, literature
• Interdisciplinary approaches to arts and marketing (e.g. sociology, psychology, anthropology, economics, commerce, technology, history, geography, philosophy)
• International issues in the arts e.g. comparative research into support/management of the arts relationship between media technologies, society and the individual
• Cutting edge and emerging research in arts marketing (e.g the social construction of arts experiences; performing identity: artist and audiences; ethics and consumer empowerment in the arts).
Submit a paper
Submissions to Arts Marketing: An International Journal (AM) are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/am
If you would like to get involved in the journal, please do not hesitate to contact the editor-in-chief, Noel Dennis, at [email protected].