Call for papers: Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal (SBM)
Journal call for papers from Sport, Business and Management
Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal (SBM) is currently assessing papers for publication.
New for 2011 and edited by Professor Simon Chadwick, Coventry University, UK, SBM promotes the development of a coherent, high-quality body of work in sport, business and management, an area of research that is growing very quickly and an industry that has grown dramatically over the last decade.
SBM publishes a range of different papers including conceptual and empirical, as well as case studies, critical analyses and academic commentaries. Submissions will be expected to use sporting examples and concepts to illustrate management theory; use management theories and concepts to investigate sport; and address management problems and issues in a sporting context. Submissions using both quantitative and qualitative approaches are welcomed.
The coverage of the journal includes, but is not limited to:
- Sport: business and management; strategy; accounting and finance; economics; marketing; human resources; IT; law; supply chain management and international business
- Corporate Social Responsibility and ethics; entrepreneurship and governance; organisational behaviour in the sport industry
- Professional sport, global sport, elite sport, amateur sport, grassroots sport
- Fans and customers; athletes and coaches; clubs and teams
- Leagues and competitions; events and tournaments; stadiums and venues
- Commercial and non-commercial partners; governing bodies and representative associations; intermediaries and athlete representatives
- Suppliers, retailers and other outlets for sport
- Traditional and new media outlets
- Places and spaces; local economic, social and other relevant projects/initiatives.
Submit a paper:
Submissions to Sport, Business and Management should be made using the journal's online submission and peer review system: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/sbm
More information, including author guidelines, can be found at: www.emeraldinsight.com/sbm.htm