JSBED Special Issue: International Entrepreneurship
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development
Centre for Internationalisation and Enterprise Research
University of Glasgow
Ulster Business School
University of Ulster
Special Issue Details:
International Entrepreneurship may be that defined as "---the discovery, enactment, evaluation and exploitation of opportunities across national borders to create future goods and services" (Oviatt and McDougall, 2005)*. International Entrepreneurship (IE) and the internationalisation of small businesses have grown in importance in recent years. Indeed, the importance of such activity is now well recognised. However, whilst a body of literature has emerged which identifies the phenomenon and defines its characteristics and influencing factors, understanding is still at an early stage.
We welcome papers in the area of international entrepreneurship (IE) with a particular focus on early stage international new ventures, born globals and high growth, rapidly internationalising SMEs. The special issue will consist of a total of 10-12 articles on the subject of ‘International Entrepreneurship’.
Papers may be purely theoretical, also methodological or theory-driven empirical work, and either quantitative or qualitative. Papers will be judged on significance, originality, relevance, and clarity. Please note that all papers will go through the journal standard peer review process and will be subject to final approval by the journal's editorial board.
- Manuscripts should be submitted to the guest editors by e-mail and should be clearly marked for the special issue
- The preliminary deadline for submissions is 30th November 2009, but late submissions will be considered where possible
- Please contact the Guest Editors to agree an alternative deadline if after 30th November 2009
- When preparing your manuscript for submission, please follow JSBED Author Guidelines: http://info.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=jsbed
* Oviatt, B.M. and McDougall, P.P. (2005) Toward a theory of international new ventures. Journal of International Business Studies, 36(1), pp.29-41.