How Can We Address Contemporary Hospitality Research Issues Through Qualitative Research?
Special issue call for papers from International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management
Call for Papers: “How Can We Address Contemporary Hospitality Research Issues Through Qualitative Research?”
Guest editors: Dr. Amit Sharma, Penn State University, USA and Dr. Levent Altinay, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Gaining and facilitating research access into hospitality organisations for qualitative research
- The use of different research strategies (i.e case study, grounded theory, ethnography, action research, and action learning) in qualitative research.
- Sampling techniques.
- Different data collection techniques to collect qualitative data
- Combining qualitative and quantitative research
- The use of different qualitative data analysis strategies
- Validity and reliability in qualitative research
- Offering value and relevance to practitioners and policy makers through qualitative research
- Turning hospitality consultancy projects into academic publications
- Cross cultural challenges in qualitative research (language, sampling, theoretical equivalence in cross-cultural contexts, cultural backgrounds/values of researchers and informants and their influence on the research process)