2009 CAER Annual International Conference on Globalization and China's Agricultural Development
Conference call for papers from China Agricultural Economic Review
Globalization and China's Agricultural Development
China Agricultural Economic Review (CAER) is a newly launched journal published by Emerald Group Publishing in association with China Agricultural University and the Chinese Association of Agricultural Economics (CAAE). CAER is delighted to announce its first annual conference, which is being organised by the CAER editorial office and supported by the Center for Rural Development Policy (CRDP), the College of Economics and Management at the China Agricultural University, the CAAE, and Emerald. The theme of the 2009 conference is ‘Globalization and China’s Agricultural Development’.
The conference will provide an opportunity to review China's agricultural and rural development and explore prospects for future development, especially within the context of an increasingly integrated and globalised world. In order to better explore these issues, we hope to bring together scholars from around the world.
Submissions are solicited on a wide variety of topics including but not limited to:
- Agricultural economic theory and policy
- Agricultural markets
- Agricultural trade
- Agricultural investment
- Rural finance
- Resource economics and environment protection
- Agricultural R&D and extensions
- Employment, labor use and migration
- Rural sociology
- Development economics
- Rural household behavior
- Rural cooperatives
- Development of rural non-agricultural industries.
Paper Submission Deadline: September 25th, 2009
Acceptance Notification: October 5th, 2009
Conference Dates: October 31th - November 1st, 2009
Interested authors should submit a full paper to [email protected] with the subject of “conference paper submission”.
Please format the submission following the Authors Guidelines, which are available at http://info.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=caer
All papers will be peer reviewed. Accepted and presented papers will be included into the CAER. Authors of accepted papers, or at least one of them, are requested to register and present their work at the conference. The conference will present both full length papers and high quality posters.
Registration and Costs
The 2009 conference fee is free for all accepted paper presenters. The participants only need to cover their own accommodation and meals.
- Prof. Xian Xin, CAER Editor, CRDP Deputy General-Secretary, Email: [email protected]
- Prof. Fu Qin, CAER Co-editor, CAAE General Secretary, and Director of Institute of Agricultural Economics of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- Prof. Xiuqing Wang, CAER associate editor and Dean of College of Economics and Management of China Agricultural University
- Prof. Pei Guo, CRDP and College of Economics and Management of China Agricultural University
- Prof. Baozhong Su, CAER Editorial coordinator, Email: [email protected]; Tel: 86-10-62733444
- Ms Ling Ma, CRDP, Email: [email protected]; Tel: 86-10-62738709