Contemporary Studies in Economic and Financial Analysis
Subject: Economics (view other series in this subject area)
Volumes from this series are included in the
Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index
Information: Author guidelines | Publication ethics
Other: Recommend this book series
Also available in our: Emerald Business, Management and Economics eBook Series Collection
Online access: Online table of contents | Latest Volume RSS
Aims and Scope
Contemporary Studies in Economic and Financial Analysis publishes a series of current and relevant themed volumes within the fields of economics and finance. Both disciplinary and interdisciplinary studies are welcome. Topics include but are not limited to:
- International trade issues
- Financial management
- Financial markets and institutions
- Public finance
- Economic and financial issues in healthcare
- Forensic economics
- Labour economics
- Developing economies
Contemporary Studies in Economic and Financial Analysis has published contributions from a number of well regarded institutions including New York University, the University of Oxford and the University of California Berkeley. The series has also been cited by the influential journals Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control and Contemporary Economic Policy.
If you would like to propose a volume for Contemporary Studies in Economic and Financial Analysis , please contact the publisher Charlotte Maiorana : [email protected].
Recently Published Volumes
Contemporary Issues in Finance: Current Challenges from Across Europe Volume 98
Simon Grima (volume editor) Dr. Frank Bezzina (volume editor) Inna Romanova (volume editor) Ramona Rupeika-Apoga (volume editor)
- Including studies on different topical issues in finance by the participants of the 8th international scientific conference "New Challenges of Economic and Business Development - 2016" this new work contains research from various European countries, specifically Germany, Italy, Latvia, Malta, and Poland. Chapters explore the impact of financial literacy on domestic economic activity in the Baltic States, the rapid rise of FinTech, which has changed the banking landscape, requiring more innovative solutions; Crowdfunding in the European Union, specifically examining the performance, development and perspectives; the case of Latvia to highlight the Profiles of SMEs as Borrowers, the factors that interfere with the availability of funding to the small and medium-sized companies, an analysis of Risk Parity Approach for Sovereign Fixed-Income Portfolios in Eurozone countries by looking at studies of preventive arrangements with creditors in Italy; and Mergers and Acquisitions by studying examples of best practices in Cross-Border acquisitions.
Contemporary Issues in Bank Financial Management Volume 97
J. Richard Aronson (editor) Robert Thornton (editor) Simon Grima (volume editor) Dr. Frank Bezzina (volume editor)
- Contemporary Issues in Financial Services special edition includes studies by the University of Malta, MSc Banking and Finance graduates and the respective lecturers, on financial services within particular countries or regions and studies of particular themes such as credit risk management, fund management and evaluation, forex hedging using derivatives and sovereign fixed income portfolios.
Risk Management Post Financail Crisis: A Period of Monetary Easing Volume 96
Jonathan A. Batten (editor) Niklas F. Wagner (editor)
Volume 96 of Contemporary Studies in Economic and Financial Analysis provides further insights to postcrisis developments in the global economic and financial environment. Risk Management Post Financial Crisis: A Period of Monetary Easing includes papers from leading authors from central banks, worldrenowned universities and international organisations. Topics and issues addressed by this volume include: an overview of advances in risk management in the post financial crisis environment, the impact that complexity present in financial returns now plays in measuring reporting and risk, the role that sentiment and herding plays in distorting prices in financial markets, the procyclical impact of Basel III including effects on capital requirements and bank balance sheets, central bank monetary policies and bank liquidity in a world without quantitative easing, credit risk assessment and bank lending, and changes in the structure of international financial markets, including the rise and impact of financial markets in China and those financial products denominated in RMB.
The Developing Role of Islamic Banking and Finance From Local to Global Perspectives Volume 95
Fouad H. Beseiso (volume editor) Robert J. Thornton (series edited) J. Richard Aronson (series edited)
- This volume is designed to present a conceptual and practical illustration for the contemporary developing role of Islamic Banking and Finance components including Islamic Banking, Non Islamic Banking (Takaful and Financial Markets Tools and Products.) with stronger focus directed to the regulatory aspects, country, regional case studies and International Financial Crisis impacts. Consequently this Volume aimed at a fruitful contribution while defining how public policies, governance, legal framework and field studies' lessons can help decision makers to identify the major factors that may shape the attitude of both Islamic Financial Institutions and customers towards safe and sound services and through defining main determinants for successful, strategic inclusion of the Islamic Financial System into the real sustained development nationally, regionally and internationally.
Contemporary Studies in Economic and Financial Analysis is abstracted and indexed by:
Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Economics and Finance, and Management, EconLit, Scopus, Summon (ProQuest), Thomson Reuter’s Book Citation Index and TOC Premier (EBSCO).
Editorial Contact Details:
Publisher: Charlotte Maiorana, Emerald Group Publishing Ltd, UK.
Email - [email protected]
Editorial Advisory Board
Dr Martin Forster, University of York, UK, Professor Peter J. Lambert, University of Oregon, USA, Professor Robert E. Looney, Naval Postgraduate School, USA, Mr Malcolm Rees, The University of Buckingham, UK, Professor Michael R. Wickens, University of York, UK
This publication adopts the Emerald Publication Ethics guidelines which fully support the development of, and practical application of consistent ethical standards throughout the scholarly publishing community.
This title is available as part of the Emerald Business, Management and Economics eBook Series Collection. If you are a subscriber, please follow the link below to access your subscribed content. For purchase/subscription options please contact [email protected].
Print copy & more information
For more information about any of the volumes listed below, or to purchase a print copy, please click on the relevant volume title:
- Governance and Regulations: Contemporary Issues, Volume 99
- Contemporary Issues in Finance Current Challenges from Across Europe, Volume 98
- Risk Management Post Financial Crisis: A Period of Monetary Easing, Volume 96
- The Developing Role of Islamic Banking and Finance: From Local to Global Perspectives, Volume 95
- DERIVATIVE SECURITIES PRICING AND MODELLING, Volume 94
- The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Emerging Financial Markets, Volume 93
- Moving Beyond Storytelling: Emerging Research in Microfinance, Volume 92
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Damages Calculations: Transatlantic Dialogue, Volume 91
- Privitization in Transition Economies: The Ongoing Story, Volume 90