Advances in Medical Sociology
Editor: Brea L. Perry
Subject: Sociology and Public Policy (view other series in this subject area)
Volumes from this series are included in the
Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index
Information: Author guidelines | Publication ethics
Other: Recommend this book series
Also available in our: Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection
Online access: Online table of contents | Latest Volume RSS
Health and illness has a long tradition of providing a window into fundamental social problems and processes, including stratification, identity, and culture. Medical sociology has traditionally been one of the largest and most vibrant subfields of sociology, and its resonance for understanding social forces persists. Research in medical sociology both informs and is informed by broad sociological concerns – the tension between structure and agency, the relationship between macro and micro phenomena, and links between theory and practice.
Advances in Medical Sociology creates a forum for the discussion of innovation and controversies within and between medical sociology and the various disciplines that are concerned with health, illness, and healing.
Each volume takes a focused approach to one subject or area of research. The series emphasizes emerging topics and themes, theoretical and methodological innovations, or new directions in classic theory or substance. Volumes in the series also explore issues at the intersection of medical sociology, the broader disciplinary foci of sociology, and the pragmatic concerns of health policy and practice. All papers are double blind peer-reviewed before publication.
For more information about this series, including details of the latest volumes, see the Emerald Bookstore.
This publication adopts the Emerald Publication Ethics guidelines which fully support the development of, and practical application of consistent ethical standards throughout the scholarly publishing community.
This title is available as part of the Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection. If you are a subscriber, please follow the link below to access your subscribed content. For purchase/subscription options please contact [email protected].
Print copy & more information
For more information about any of the volumes listed below, or to purchase a print copy, please click on the relevant volume title:
- 50 Years After Deinstitutionalization Mental Illness in Contemporary Communities, Volume 17
- Genetics, Health and Society , Volume 16
- Ecological Health Society, Ecology and Health, Volume 15
- Critical Perspectives on Addiction, Volume 14
- Sociological Reflections on the Neurosciences , Volume 13
- Sociology of Diagnosis, Volume 12
- Understanding Emerging Epidemics: Social and Political Approaches, Volume 11
- Patients, Consumers and Civil Society, Volume 10
- Bioethical Issues, Sociological Perspectives, Volume 9
- Social Networks and Health, Volume 8
- Case and Care Management, Volume 6
- Advances in Medical Sociology Supplement 1, Volume 1