International Perspectives on Education and Society
Editor: Alexander Wiseman
Subject: Education (view other series in this subject area)
Volumes from this series are included in the
Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index
Information: Author guidelines | Publication ethics
Other: Recommend this book series
Also available in our: Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection
Online access: Online table of contents | Latest Volume RSS
Video: Julian Dierkes on the global intensification of supplemental education
Julian Dierkes is a co-editor of "Out of the Shadows "Out of the Shadows The Global Intensification of Supplementary Education" Volume 22.
Praise for "Out of the Shadows The Global Intensification of Supplementary Education" Volume 22 (Janice Aurini, Julian Dierkes and Scott Davies, Eds.):
"This set of essays and methods for studying the phenomenon of supplementary education on a global basis can serve as an excellent research guide. In addition, it provides a reasonable sense of the movement of this form of schooling from its former position in the shadows into the sometimes harsh light of public policy and shifting market forces."
– Michael McVey, Eastern Michigan University, USA, in Int Rev Educ 2016;62(2).
Aims and Scope
The mission of the International Perspectives on Education and Society (IPES) book series is to provide evidence and explanations of research and its application in the field of comparative and international education. The series also provides an opportunity for critical analysis of the field itself, which is often neglected in the periodical literature and edited volumes published in the field.
IPES is comprised of an Annual Review of Comparative and International Education (ARCIE) as well as other themed volumes. The annual review volume reviews where scholars and professionals in comparative and international education have been and where they are headed as a field, and offers stimulating observations about where the field could or should be going.
The IPES series is a blind peer-reviewed publication. Manuscripts are sent for blind peer review to at least three external reviewers selected for their expertise in the relevant area or topic. Volume proposals, which address the mission of the IPES series, are welcome and encouraged.
Published in 2017
- The Impact of the OECD on Education Worldwide, Volume 31 (Alexander W. Wiseman, Calley Stevens Taylor, Eds.)
- Annual Review of Comparative and International Education 2016, Volume 30 (Alexander W. Wiseman, Ed.)
- Post-Education-for-All and Sustainable Development Paradigm: Structural Changes with Diversifying Actors and Norms, Volume 29 (Shoko Yamada, Ed.)
- Annual Review of Comparative and International Education 2015, Volume 28 (Alexander W. Wiseman & Emily Anderson, Eds.)
- Promoting and Sustaining a Quality Teacher Workforce, Volume 27 (Gerald K. LeTendre & Alexander W. Wiseman, Eds.)
- Comparative Sciences: Interdisciplinary Approaches, Volume 26 (Nikolay Popov & Alexander W. Wiseman, Eds.)
"International Perspectives on Education and Society offers high quality and thought provoking research, seriously advancing the literature in international and comparative education. Without a doubt this is must reading."
– Professor Francisco Ramirez, Stanford University, USA
"International Perspectives on Education and Society is an extremely valuable source of information on current and important issues in an international context advancing the theoretical and methodological discussions. The remarkable readability of the contributions is related to their lucid argumentation and clear structure."
– Prof. Dr Karin Amos, Universitat Tubingen, Germany
This series is abstracted and indexed by: Scopus
For the latest news, publication alerts and debates, follow Emerald Education on Twitter: Follow @EmeraldEdu
Editorial Advisory Board
David P. Baker, Penn State University, USA
Steven J. Hite, Brigham Young University, USA
Lihong Huang, NOVA, Norwegian Social Research, Norway
Nancy Kendall, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Daniel Kirk, Emirates College for Advanced Education, United Arab Emirates
Shirley Miske, Miske Witt Associates, St. Paul, USA
Diane Napier, University of Georgia, USA
Nikolay Popov, Sofia University, Bulgaria
Francisco O. Ramirez, Stanford University, USA
David Turner, University of Glamorgan, UK
Frances Vavrus, University of Minnesota, USA
John Weidman, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Shoko Yamada, Nagoya University, Japan
This publication adopts the Emerald Publication Ethics guidelines which fully support the development of, and practical application of consistent ethical standards throughout the scholarly publishing community.
This title is available as part of the Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection. If you are a subscriber, please follow the link below to access your subscribed content. For purchase/subscription options please contact [email protected].
Print copy & more information
For more information about any of the volumes listed below, or to purchase a print copy, please click on the relevant volume title:
- Annual Review of Comparative and International Education 2017, Volume 34
- The Century of Science: The Global Triumph of the Research University, Volume 33
- Work-Integrated Learning in the 21st Century, Volume 32
- The Impact of the OECD on Education Worldwide, Volume 31
- Annual Review of Comparative and International Education 2016, Volume 30
- Post-Education-for-All and Sustainable Development Paradigm: Structural Changes with Diversifying Actors and Norms, Volume 29
- Annual Review of Comparative and International Education 2015, Volume 28
- Promoting and Sustaining a Quality Teacher Workforce, Volume 27
- Comparative Sciences: Interdisciplinary Approaches, Volume 26
- Annual Review of Comparative and International Education, Volume 25
- Education for a Knowledge Society in Arabian Gulf Countries , Volume 24
- International Educational Innovation and Public Sector Entrepreneurship, Volume 23
- Out of the Shadows: Supplementary Education The Global Intensification of Supplementary Education, Volume 22
- The Development of Higher Education in Africa Prospects and Challenges, Volume 21
- Annual Review of Comparative and International Education, Volume 20
- Teacher Reforms Around the World: Implementations and Outcomes, Volume 19
- The Impact of HIV/AIDS on Education Worldwide, Volume 18
- Community Colleges Worldwide: Investigating the Global Phenomenon, Volume 17
- Education Strategy in the Developing World: Revising the World Bank's Education Policy, Volume 16
- The Impact and Transformation of Education Policy in China, Volume 15
- Post-Socialism is not Dead: (Re)Reading the Global in Comparative Education, Volume 14
- The Impact of International Achievement Studies on National Education Policymaking, Volume 13
- International Educational Governance, Volume 12
- Educational Leadership: Global Contexts and International Comparisons, Volume 11
- Gender, Equality and Education from International and Comparative Perspectives, Volume 10
- The Worldwide Transformation of Higher Education, Volume 9
- Education for All Global Promises, National Challenges, Volume 8
- The Impact of Comparative Education Research on Institutional Theory, Volume 7
- Global Trends in Educational Policy, Volume 6
- New Paradigms and Recurring Paradoxes in Education for Citizenship An International Comparison, Volume 5
- Educational Reform in International Perspective, Volume 4
- Education and Social Change, Volume 3
- Schooling and Status Attainment - Social Origins and Institutional Determinants, Volume 2
- Affirmative Action and Positive Policies in the Education of Minorities, Volume 1