Research in Rural Sociology and Development
Editor: Professor Terry Marsden
Subject: Sociology and Public Policy (view other series in this subject area)
Volumes from this series are included in the
Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index
Information: Author guidelines | Publication ethics
Other: Recommend this book series
Also available in our: Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection
Online access: Online table of contents | Latest Volume RSS
With an annual output, Research in Rural Sociology and Development, publishes scholarly content at the cutting edge of rural sociology. Addressing issues such as rural development and growth, globalization, labour relations, agrarian dynamics, and social and personal implications of rural and agricultural change, this series provides in-depth and up to date research on the local and global systems affecting rural dynamics.
Volumes are edited by an experienced scholars, under the leadership of Series Editor Professor Terry Marsden, chair of Environmental Policy and Planning in the School of Planning and Geography at Cardiff University. All contributions will be subject to peer-review and will also enjoy a quick publication cycle.
For the latest news, publication alerts and debates. Follow us on Twitter: Follow @EmeraldSoc
Praise for the latest volume:
"Metropolitan Ruralities explores many of the complex rural/ urban relationships of our time. While previously rural areas were seen as reserves for urban expansion, there is now finally recognition that such a path, if unabated, could threaten human existence. This volume coherently makes this argument.
This excellent volume addresses some of the most critical questions about the rural/ urban nexus. It raises complex questions about governance, the consumption of the rural, and focuses on the important dimensions of social class, gender and global location. The important argument is made that the urban-rural fringe needs to be examined as a space in and for itself, rather than a space for something else, and this is an important contribution to current debates on spatial flows.
The volume is coherently organised around the four themes of urban sprawl, urbanisation, governance and metabolism. It brings together leading scholars and it is a volume that will be valuable for academics and PhD researchers across the globe."
Professor Sally Shortall, Head of School, Queens University Belfast
This book series is abstracted and indexed by:
Publishing Options from the American Sociological Association, Scopus, SocINDEX, Sociological Abstracts and The Publication Forum (Finland)
Contact the Editorial Team
University of Cardiff
This publication adopts the Emerald Publication Ethics guidelines which fully support the development of, and practical application of consistent ethical standards throughout the scholarly publishing community.
This title is available as part of the Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection. If you are a subscriber, please follow the link below to access your subscribed content. For purchase/subscription options please contact [email protected].
Print copy & more information
For more information about any of the volumes listed below, or to purchase a print copy, please click on the relevant volume title:
- Transforming the Rural: Global Processes and Local Futures, Volume 24
- Metropolitan Ruralities, Volume 23
- Constructing a new framework for rural development, Volume 22
- Alternative Agrifood Movements: Patterns of Convergence and Divergence, Volume 21
- Labor Relations in Globalized Food, Volume 20
- Agriculture in Mediterranean Europe: Between Old and New Paradigms, Volume 19
- Rethinking Agricultural Policy Regimes, Volume 18
- Globalization and the Time-Space Reorganization: Capital Mobility in Agriculture and Food in the Americas, Volume 17
- From Community to Consumption: New and Classical Themes in Rural Sociological Development, Volume 16
- Welfare Reform in Rural Places: Comparative Perspectives, Volume 15
- Beyond the Rural-Urban Divide: Cross-continental Perspectives on the Differentiated Countryside and Its Regulation , Volume 14
- Gender Regimes, Citizen Participation and Rural Restructuring , Volume 13
- Between the Local and the Global: Confronting Complexity in the Contemporary Agri-Food Sector, Volume 12
- New Directions in the Sociology of Global Development, Volume 11
- Nature, Raw Materials and Political Economy, Volume 10
- Walking Towards Justice:Democratization in Rural Life, Volume 9
- Dairy Industry Restructuring , Volume 8
- Focus on Migration, Volume 7
- Sustaining Agriculture and Rural Communities, Volume 6
- Household Strategies, Volume 5