Did you know that permission is required to reuse any content published by Emerald (of which Emerald is the copyright holder)?
How can I clear permission?
Emerald’s permission service is delivered through the Copyright Clearance Center’s Rights Link® online system. This service provides a highly efficient, real time service to clear copyright permission for the lawful re-use, distribution or republication of Emerald’s copyright materials.
The quick way to clear permissions:
- Locate the abstract of the content you wish to reuse in the Emerald database
- Click on the ‘Reprints and Permissions’ link on the abstract page
- Select the rights required (following the online instructions)
- Receive an immediate, no-obligations quote by clicking "Quick price"
- If you wish to proceed, click "continue" (you will be asked to set up a RightsLink® account to pay online)
- Read and accept Emerald's Terms & Conditions and receive immediate permission.
Please note: if Emerald does not hold the copyright of an article, the link will not appear. For permission to use this content, you will need to contact the copyright holder directly.
As an alternative to the above, RightsPortal offers an Australian and Asia Pacific based permissions clearance service for Emerald journal content.
If the content you require cannot be located on either of the above services, please contact [email protected]
Obtaining a copy of an article or chapter
If you wish to view Emerald content, but do not have a subscription, you may use our pay-per-view service:
- Find the abstract page of the article or chapter you wish to purchase on www.emeraldinsight.com
- Click on ‘Purchase this article’. All chapters and articles are available for $32 USD + Tax, if applicable
- Please note that any copy purchased is for your own private use. If you wish to make photocopies of the article, you must purchase a licence through our Rightslink service.
Alternatively, why not speak to your librarian who may be able to obtain a copy via Interlibrary Loan?
Emerald participates in the following ‘Express InterLibrary Loan Schemes:
- Copyright Clearance Center’s Get-it-Now service
- Reprint desk’s A-Z Academic Document Delivery Collection
STM permissions guidelines
Emerald is a member of the STM permissions guidelines agreement. If you are publishing with a publisher included on the STM permissions guidelines list and wish to reuse Emerald content, providing that it falls within the guidelines, you do not need to clear permission.
Emerald subscribing institutions
If you have a subscription to Emerald content, please check the licence terms for information about what you may do with Emerald content.
If your organization holds a valid licence with the Copyright Licensing Agency or Copyright Clearance Center (www.copyright.com), you may copy Emerald content as per the terms outlined in your licence.
If you have any questions about the permissions process, please don’t hesitate to contact our dedicated Rights team at [email protected].
Please note that when an author publishes in an Emerald publication, they retain the right to use their work for scholarly and teaching purposes. For more information, please consult our Author reuse rights page, or contact [email protected].