Special issue call for papers from International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management
Prof. Dr. Dieter Ahlert, University of Muenster, Germany
Prof. Dr. Rainer Olbrich, University of Hagen, Germany
Prof. Dr. Peter Kenning, Zeppelin University, Germany
Prof. Dr. Hendrik Schröder, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Retail branding plays a decisive role in successful retail management. In times of rising competition, stagnating demand and increased complexity, providers have recognized that retail chains can no longer stand out from the crowd by only varying product ranges, assortments or prices. Therefore retail branding offers a successful approach to build up a distinctive profile.
This special issue of the International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management (IJRDM) seeks to draw on new perspectives from retail branding in order to bring up readers to the present state of research. The objective of this IJRDM special issue is to introduce new research approaches and ideas for an efficient management of retail brands that are important for theory and practice.
Empirical and/or theoretical papers are invited by the IJRDM on any aspect of retail branding. Examples of appropriate topics include but are not limited to:
- Recent developments in retail branding
- Success factors of retail brands
- The interplay between own labels and retail brands
- The organization of retail brand management
- Customer attitudes towards retail brand/private labels
- Communication strategies for retail brands
- Issues of retail brand portfolio management (e.g. interplay of national brand and private labels)
- Issues of international retail brand management
- The role of retail brand in supply networks
All submissions must conform to the guidelines of IJRDM.
Manuscripts should be sent to the guest editors at the following address: [email protected].
The closing date for submission is 31 May, 2008.