LatAm BALAS/Emerald case writing competition
We are inviting authors of all cases submitted to BALAS in 2020 and 2021 to submit their case to EMCS in order to be considered for this competition.
Emerald is pleased to announce the launch of a case competition in collaboration with BALAS.
Cases submitted to the BALAS conference can then be submitted to Emerald’s Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection after the conference for a chance to win £500.
The aim of the competition is to encourage and promote the development of high-quality teaching case material relevant to Latin American business’ and promote the development of case-writing capabilities across Latin America.
Compulsory submission criteria
- Cases should have a developing and emerging markets focus
- All cases should be teaching cases based on a real situation in a real company, with a clear decision-making situation, and prepared in accordance with case writing guidelines provided in the instructional materials below.
- Academic (research) cases will not be accepted
- Case studies submitted should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar form, or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case-centre.
- Upon submissions to EMCS, all case studies must be accompanied by a consent to publish release form which has been completed and signed by the management of the company or individuals included in the case.
- Authors must be based at a Latin American business school.
- Please note, in order to be considered for the EMCS/BALAS best case competition, cases must be submitted to EMCS, and not be published or submitted elsewhere.
- Please see the EMCS author guidelines
How to submit
To submit please go to https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/eemcs and when asked if you’re submitting to a case competition please select “BALAS 2021”.
- Submission deadline: 20 August 2021