LatAm BALAS/Emerald case writing competition
Now open: 2021 LatAm BALAS/Emerald case writing competition
Emerald is pleased to announce the launch of a case competition in collaboration with BALAS.
Cases submitted to the BALAS conference can then be submitted to Emerald’s Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection after the conference for a chance to win £500.
The aim of the competition is to encourage and promote the development of high-quality teaching case material relevant to Latin American business’ and promote the development of case-writing capabilities across Latin America.
Compulsory submission criteria
- Cases should have a developing and emerging markets focus
- All cases should be teaching cases based on a real situation in a real company, with a clear decision-making situation, and prepared in accordance with case writing guidelines provided in the instructional materials below.
- Academic (research) cases will not be accepted
- Case studies submitted should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar form, or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case-centre.
- Upon submissions to EMCS, all case studies must be accompanied by a consent to publish release form which has been completed and signed by the management of the company or individuals included in the case.
- Authors must be based at a Latin American business school.
How to submit
Submissions should initially be made to BALAS at https://www.balas.org/
After BALAS have reviewed the case submissions, authors will then be contacted with further instructions as to how to submit to the Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection before August 15th.
- BALAS submission deadline: 31 March 2021