Structural Survey: Journal of Building Pathology and Refurbishment publishes findings on contemporary and original research in building pathology and building forensics, refurbishment and adaptation. This includes all related areas towards supporting more sustainable and resilient futures. The journal aims to publish rigorous research articles, case studies and reviews concerning innovative investigations on topics related to technical, managerial and legal issues affecting land, property and construction. Particular emphasis is placed on the emerging environmental challenges associated with sustaining the modern built environment.
Structural Survey: Journal of Building Pathology and Refurbishment is a CIB-encouraged journal.
The journal by nature has a broad scope, encompassing all residential, commercial, retail, industrial, leisure, education and health sectors, in the context of the design, operation, maintenance and adaptation of buildings.
- Building adaptation and resilience
- Building conservation and restoration
- Certification of buildings
- Conflict avoidance, management and disputes resolution
- Health and safety
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Project management
- Maintenance and refurbishment
- Materials, components and building defects
- Law and practice of dilapidation
The applied and contemporary focus of the journal's content means it is an invaluable resource for researchers and academics as well as practitioners in the industry wishing to keep abreast of current and international developments. Expert building technologists need to be aware of emerging innovative solutions and rapidly developing applications so that they can provide appropriate and professional advice to their clients.
- CIB encouraged journal.
- The journal’s authoritative content and quality is ensured both through its rigorous double-blind (three reviewers) peer review system and its internationally respected Editorial Advisory Board.
- Covers a broad range of contemporary topics concerning building pathology and emerging environmental challenges.
- Expert reviewers are drawn from academia and professional practice to ensure relevance and currency of published articles.
- Publishes lively and responsive special issues overseen by eminent guest editors on new and emerging themes.
Key journal audiences
- Academics and researchers in the fields of building surveying, building technology, building services and project management
- Building services engineers
- Building surveyors
- Structural engineers
- Building owners and occupiers
- Other professionals responsible for the management, appraisal and refurbishment of buildings
Structural Survey: Journal of Building Pathology and Refurbishment is Indexed and Abstracted in:
- ABI Inform
- Academic Search Alumni Edition
- Academic Search Complete
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Source Complete
- Academic Source Premier
- British Library
- Construction and Building Abstracts
- Construction Management Abstracts
- Current Abstracts
- EI Compendex
- Electronic Collections Online
- The International Construction Database
- Institute for Scientific Information
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals
- ReadCube Discover
Structural Survey is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Property Management & Built Environment eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Property Management & Built Environment eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.