For the latest news, publication alerts and debates, join our online community:
Library Review is an inter- and cross- disciplinary double-blind peer reviewed journal. It publishes contemporary research and practice which explores the way that people and organisations interact in the digital information environment.
Library Review is concerned with innovation and developments in digital information, as they relate to global knowledge, communication and world memory. It covers the creation, management, dissemination and use of the full range of information objects.
Submissions are welcomed on the following major themes:
Global Knowledge and Communication:
- Social interaction, networking, social media and space
- Free/open access to information: legal, technical, social and managerial issues
- Information and knowledge as agents of and for social, political, cultural and organisational change
- Connecting the individual: personalised and meta-services
- Sociological and philosophical aspects of information and knowledge, including service provision
World Memory: Text, Sound, Vision and Artefacts:
- Information creation, ‘collection’ and curation
- Information seeking, discovery and use
- Sustainable preservation, including environmental, social, technical and legal issues
- Sharing and facilitating individual engagement with archival, cultural and literary heritage: objects and services
- Memory institutions and organisations: role and purpose, design, delivery, evaluation and cultural issues
- Professional collaboration – consortia, exchange and sharing.
Library Review is indexed and abstracted in:
- Bulletin des Bibliotheques de France;
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Educational Technology and Library Science;
- Current Index to Journals in Education;
- Education Full Text;
- Educational Research Abstracts;
- Information Science & Technology Abstracts;
- The Informed Librarian;
- Library & Information Science Abstracts;
- Library Literature and Information Science Full Text;
- OmniFile Full Text Mega;
- OmniFile Full Text Select;
Library Review is ranked by:
Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List: B ranking and The Publication Forum (Finland)
Library Review is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Library Studies eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Library Studies eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.
- Research Data Management as a "wicked problem"
Chris Awre, Jim Baxter, Brian Clifford, Janette Colclough, Andrew Cox, Nick Dods, Paul Drummond, Yvonne Fox, Martin Gill, Kerry Gregory, Anita Gurney, Juliet Harland, Masud Khokhar, Dawn Lowe, Ronan O'Beirne, Rachel Proudfoot, Hardy Schwamm, Andrew Smith
Volume: 64 Issue: 4/5