Ethnicity and Inequalities in Health and Social Care (EIHSC) is an international, peer reviewed journal with a unique practical approach to promoting equality, inclusion and human rights in health and social care.
The Journal publishes scholarly and peer-reviewed papers of the highest standard including case studies and book reviews. EIHSC aims include:
- To explore what is currently known about discrimination and disadvantage with a particular focus on health and social care
- Push the barriers of the equality discourse by identifying new avenues for practice and policy
- Create bridges between policymakers, practitioners and researchers
- Identify and understand the social determinants of health equity and practical interventions to overcome barriers
The Journal welcomes papers which use varied approaches, including discussion of theory, comparative studies, systematic evaluation of interventions, analysis of qualitative data and study of health and social care institutions and the political process. Papers published in EIHSC:
- Clearly demonstrate the implications of the research
- Provide evidence-rich information
- Provoke reflection and support critical analysis of both challenges and strengths
- Share examples of best practice and ‘what works’, including user perspectives
EIHSC is a hugely valuable source of information for researchers, academics, students, practitioners, managers, policy-makers, NHS Trusts and commissioning bodies, local authorities, social workers, psychologists, nurses, voluntary sector workers, service users and carers.
This journal is abstracted and indexed in:
British Nursing Index, Health Policy Reference Center, Illustrata, PsycINFO, Scopus, Social Care Online, SOCINDEX.
This journal is ranked by:
Ethnicity and Inequalities in Health and Social Care is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Health & Social Care eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Health & Social Care eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.