> Emerald journals
> World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development Information
WASD 14th International Annual Conference 20-22 July 2016 - Europe at a crossroads: the challenge for future sustainable development
About the journal
World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development (WJSTSD) is published in partnership with the World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD). WASD is a unique global forum that brings together people from across the world to discuss key issues relating to science and technology management that impact the world sustainable development. The aims of WASD are to promote the exchange of knowledge, experience, information and ideas among academicians, scholars, professionals, policy & decision makers, industry, executives, students etc to improve the mutual understanding of the roles of science and technology in achieving sustainable development allover the world.
World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development (WJSTSD) is now indexed by Cabell's.
WJSTSD is a forum for academics, practitioners and policymakers from around the world to exchange concepts, research, and best practices about science and technology and to provoke forward thinking on the development of a more coherent approach to solving global problems related to sustainable development (SD). The journal aims to integrate the study of these disciplines to achieve SD and help to stimulate debate with a view to defining common, effective responses to tomorrow’s challenges.
- Original and applied research that critically examines the inter-relationship between the natural, the governmental, the economic and the social dimensions of our world and how science and technology can contribute to solutions
- Fundamental and applied research on all aspects of SD
- General and technical reviews of topical and/or controversial subjects which inform and stimulate debate
- Conceptual papers or case studies which highlight the role of STI in achieving SD
- Literature review or viewpoint on a particular topic or trend
- WJSTSD encourages Guest Editors to submit proposals for Special Issues addressing particular (specific) issue(s) fitting with the broad theme of the journal or resulting from relevant conferences. Special issues focusing on a particular country or region would also be welcome.
- Book reviews and/or evaluation of other literature and multimedia information packages
Scope and coverage
WJSTSD considers a broad range of topics, and papers can address subjects theoretically or empirically through either a descriptive or critical approach. Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Science, technology and innovation (STI)
- Role of STI in achieving SD
- SD policies and strategies and the government involvement in SD practices and regulations
- Research and development
- ICTs and SD
- Education and SD
- Engineering, industry and sustainable manufacturing systems
- Food security policies and sustainable food production systems
- Future trends in STI
- The impact of travel, transportation and tourism on sustainability
- UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Water, energy and climate change
- Impact of innovation and knowledge upon the productivity increase/enhancement
- Knowledge-based economy and SD
- The role of the informal sector in sustainable economic growth
- Impacts and challenges of AIDS, malaria and other chronic problems on SD
WJSTSD is abstracted and indexed by:
- ReadCube Discover
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) by Thomson Reuters;
World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Public Policy & Environmental Management eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Public Policy & Environmental Management eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.