Previously published as Journal of Science and Technology Policy in China
Follow the Table of Contents link above for previous content.
For the latest news, publication alerts and debates
The Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management (JSTPM) offers an intense debate on science and technology issues in the hope of influencing the wider community of policy makers and academics. JSTPM provides readers with timely insights on the latest developments and trends in science and technology around the world, especially in emerging economies. With this aim, the journal publishes high quality theoretical and empirical papers that provide a better understanding of the role played by science and technology in the economic growth and well-being of citizens.
About the Journal
The Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management provides a platform for researchers, academics, professionals, practitioners, and students. It discusses the role of science and technology in the knowledge-based economy and explores how different economic agents can foster these activities. The journal is interested in attracting submissions that debate issues in the areas of science, technology, and innovation, as well as their impact on economic growth and social well-being. JSTPM has a special focus on countries with emerging economies.
The journal is interested in manuscripts that provide an ongoing dialogue for scholars and practitioners on science and technology policy management. JSTPM papers will cover a broad range of topics including policies to promote innovation, science and technology indicators, as well as skills for science and technology. Papers can either be theoretical and empirical, but should be between 9,500 and 10,500 words (excluding the abstract).
Science and technology activities are a major driver of productivity and economic growth. The journal has a broad scope and looks at the implications of these activities not only in major economic players and regions but in emerging economies. With a special interest in emerging economies, the journal will take advantage of the growing swell of science and technology research taking place in Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. In addition the journal will provide interesting insights on science and technology in turbulent world regions with a strategic geopolitical role, such as Caucasus or Afghanistan, and will analyze how the results of science and innovation can contribute to economic growth and prosperity for their populations.
The coverage of the journal includes:
- Biomedicine and health technologies
- Economics, science and technology
- Emerging economies
- Ethics and science
- Green growth
- Industrial policy
- Industry and globalization
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Innovation, higher education and research for development
- Innovation management/policy/strategy
- Innovation programs (both national and regional)
- IPR management and licensing
- Knowledge-based economy and innovation
- Knowledge management (creation, transfer, exploitation, etc.)
- Learning and innovation
- Manufacturing strategy/policy management
- National IP systems and innovation performance
- Policy design/ implementation/ evaluation
- Product and process developments
- R&D globalization and the role of multinational corporations
- R&D management and strategy
- Science and technological capacity building
- Science policy
- Skills for innovation and research
- Smart specialization
- Specific industrial policy/developments/clusters
- Technology management/policy/strategy/evaluation
Submit to JSTPM
Submissions to Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jstpm. Full information and guidance on using ScholarOne Manuscripts is available at the Emerald ScholarOne Manuscripts Support Centre: http://msc.emeraldinsight.com
Key Journal Audiences
- Corporate executives
- Investment agencies
- Policy makers
- Scientists and technicians
JSTPC is abstracted and indexed in
- ABI Inform
- Cabell's Directories of Publishing Opportunities
- International Bibliography of Social Sciences
- ReadCube Discover
Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Operations, Logistics & Quality eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Operations, Logistics & Quality eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.