For the latest news, publication alerts and debates
Lean and Six Sigma are the two most powerful strategies for achieving operational and service excellence in any organisation today. Although these two methodologies have been around for several years, there are no peer-reviewed international journals covering both aspects in research terms. The purpose of The International Journal of Lean Six Sigma is to bridge the gap between the theory and practice of Lean Six Sigma (an integrated approach of Lean and Six Sigma) and to publish the latest trends and research developments in both fields.
Launched in 2010, International Journal of Lean Six Sigma publishes original, empirical and review papers, case studies and theoretical frameworks or models related to Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. High quality submissions are sought from academics, researchers, practitioners and leading management consultants from around the world. Research, case studies and examples can be cited from manufacturing, service and public sectors. This includes manufacturing, health, financial services, local government, education, professional services, IT Services, transport, etc.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Six Sigma and its link to other quality management initiatives (e.g. ISO 9001:2000)
- Development of new Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Design for Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Production System
- Statistical Thinking
- Application of tools and techniques of Six Sigma
- Application of tools and techniques of Design for Six Sigma
- Six Sigma case studies
- Lean case studies
- Six Sigma in Supply Chain
- Lean Thinking in Supply Chain
- Statistical Thinking and its link to Six Sigma
- Leadership for Six Sigma
- Strategic Six Sigma
- Project Selection and Prioritisation in Six Sigma
- This journal aims to bridge the gap between the theory and practice of Six Sigma
- This is the only refereed journal in the field of Six Sigma which can cover strategic, operational and tactical aspects.
- It provides a great platform for further research development of Six Sigma from its current status in organisations, publishing the latest issues and challenges associated with Six Sigma implementation.
- This is the only journal in the field of Lean Six Sigma that appeal to both academics and practitioners alike.
Key Journal Audiences
- Doctoral students
- Practitioners of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Six Sigma and Lean management consultants
- Business executives
- Lean Six Sigma champion, etc.
International Journal of Lean Six Sigma is Indexed and Abstracted in:
- British Library
- ReadCube Discover
- Publication Forum (Finland)
- Thomson Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index
Subscribers to Emerald Management Plus will automatically receive access to new and acquired titles, as and when we add them to our collection. For further information please contact email@example.com
International Journal of Lean Six Sigma is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Operations, Logistics & Quality eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Operations, Logistics & Quality eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.