How to... proofread your work
Final submission checklist
If you have done a careful proofread of your paper, and you are sure that it is the final version, you are ready to submit it to journal submission system.
Before doing so, here is a checklist that you should follow to make sure that your paper can be processed without delay.
Correctness of the text
- Has it really been proofread carefully to ensure its freedom from typographical errors, and its correctness of grammar, spelling etc.?
- Are the references complete and in the correct style?
Correctness of the illustrations
- Have you included high quality originals of all figures and images?
- Have you supplied your illustrative matter in the correct format?
- A brief autobiographical note should be supplied including full name, affiliation, e-mail address and full international contact details.
Information to aid dissemination
There are a number of issues to consider when you submit your paper which will help its dissemination. These are:
- Provide a structured abstract using these headings:
For further information on abstracts, see our How to... write an abstract guide.
- Research limitations/implications (if applicable)
- Practical implications (if applicable)
- Social implications (if applicable)
- Provide up to 12 keywords that encapsulate the content of your paper (more details in our How to... promote your work guide).
- Ensure that you article has a clear and explanatory title that highlights the central idea or theme of your research (more details in our How to... promote your work guide).
- Select a category of paper which best suits the nature of your paper from:
- Research paper
- Technical paper
- Conceptual paper
- Case study
- Literature review
- General review
Form in which to submit your paper
- Article files should be provided in Microsoft Word format. LaTex files can be used if an accompanying PDF document is provided. PDF as a sole file type is not accepted, a PDF must be accompanied by the source file. Check individual journal's Author Guidelines before sending!